Salad for 8
- 8 oz basmati rice
- 5 zucchini
- green cabbage
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- a bowl of raisins (yellow)
- black olives
- salt and pepper
- herbes de provence
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Boil rice with salt
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces, then cut cabbage into very thin strips and finely chop the onion.
- Mix the vegetables and leave aside with a peeler make zucchini into "noodles" (stop when you feel the seeds)
- Add olive oil to a frying pan
- brown the zucchini tagliatelle with salt and herbs provence. Combine rice, vegetables, raisins and olives
- Garnished with strips of zucchini.
You'll also love
- Pizza with smoked haddock 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Salad Nicoise 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Stuffing 2.1/5 (58 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Spicy Tuna and Lentil Salad 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Oh My 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chipotle Potato Salad 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Singapoerean Rice 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Brushetta Bread 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!