Macaroni and creamed tomatoes
Hearty, easy to make dish. Warming country meal good for a brisk fall and winter day.
- 2 boxes of elbow macaroni
- 4 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 4 tbsp of corn starch
- 4 tsp of granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Add macaroni to stock pot with water and salt bring to a boil.
Mix Tomatoes , milk, corn starch, sugar, and salt to a pot and bring to a boil at medium heat until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to simmer.
Drain macaroni when done add tomato mix and blend together. Serve.
After meal is served our family has usually always peppered to taste for those who like pepper. We use Ground black peppercorns.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti carbonara sauce 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Mom's Sloppy Joes 2.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower/Brocolli Soup 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Adam and Jen's Pasta Sauce 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Easy Italian Grilled Chicken 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Root Vegetables 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts in Creamy Lime... 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!