- 24 oz pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 6/7 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 small handfuls of fine semolina
- 1 pastry crust (store bought or homemade)
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar*
- 1 vanilla pod
- *available on amazon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the pumpkin into large squares and cook with a little water in the microwave (I cook it in a dish with glass, but tupperware or whatever you prefer will do) to get some kind of sauce (15 minutes and not at the highest temperature).
Drain fruit, mix. Let the pumpkin cool, then add 2 eggs and sugar to desired taste (between 6 and 7 tablespoons powdered sugar) and seeds from the vanilla bean.
Add 2 small handfuls of fine semolina and let stand a few minutes. The mixture should thicken up and almost become compact.
Place the pie shell in a dish, then sprinkle two packets of vanilla sugar, then spread the pumpkin mixture.
Bake about 35 minutes at 400 °. The dough should be golden and pumpkin may burn a little on top.
You'll also love
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Trish’s Cherry Delight 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Autumn Fruit Compote 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Apple Crumble Pie 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Nicoles Juicy Turkey 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Stuffing 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Curried Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Great Grandma Rose's Pumpkin Pie 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!