Cold Biscuit & Cream Cake
Great for summer afternoons.
- 500 ml whip cream
- cocoa / strawberries / blueberries or fruit your choice
- you can also use jam
- long square shaped butter biscuits
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Whip cream. Chill in the fridge for 30 min.
Add cocoa for colour or fruit to the whip cream. You can separate into two and use one for white cake and one for chocolate cake.
Put 2 tsp of cream mixture on each biscuit and place on top of each other. When your tower is tall enough, put it down and either add more cookies or start another cake - up to you.
Wrap into aluminum foil or food foil.
Let chill in the fridge for 2 hrs minimum until biscuits have time to soak in the cream and become soft. If you have hard biscuits, dip them in the milk at first for a second and they will become softer.
Cut on an angle to show stripes when serving.
Try chocolate biscuits with vanilla cream for color change.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1441 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1133 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (935 Votes)
- Glass Slipper/ Cinderella 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Simple shortcake with crumble 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.