Cookies and cream cake recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Cookies and cream cake recipes
Cookies and Cream Cake
Sometimes on a very, very bad day I will eat store bought cake
- For the cake:
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- For the frosting:
- 4 oz egg whites (3-4 large egg whites or about 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 sleeve Oreos, run through the food processor until finely chopped
Cookies 'n Cream Cake
Preheat oven to 350, Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
Cold Biscuit & Cream Cake
Great for summer afternoons
- 500 ml whip cream
- cocoa / strawberries / blueberries or fruit your choice
- you can also use jam
- long square shaped butter biscuits