Cookies 'n Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350, Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, water, oil, and 3 egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Gently stir in crushed cookies. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans. Remove from pans, and completely cool on racks.
To Make Frosting: In a small bowl, thoroughly blend the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, shortening, vanilla, and 2 egg whites. Beat in remaining confectioners' sugar until creamy. Frost the cake, and garnish with remaining cookies.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!