Rate this recipe 4/5 (5 Votes)
- 1 cup Bulgur Wheat
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste, start with 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- dash of Cayenne Pepper Powder or chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup or more chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 large chopped Tomato
- Optional: Cucumbers and other garden vegetables
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, pour boiling water over bulgur wheat. Cover and let sit for 1/2 hour. Then, mix in all other ingredients and chill in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Garlic bread 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Rolls 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cilantro Corn on the Cob 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cauliflower sALAD 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Peggy's Secret Ceasar 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Tomato Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shoarma 2.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Humus 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe