- 1 cup Bulgur Wheat
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- start with 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- dash of Cayenne Pepper Powder or chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup or more chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 large chopped Tomato
- Optional: Cucumbers and other garden vegetables
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, pour boiling water over bulgur wheat. Cover and let sit for 1/2 hour. Then, mix in all other ingredients and chill in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!