Japanese Cucumber Salad
- 2 field cucumbers or one large english cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds toasted
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
peel cucumber (leaving stripes of peel if you want) and slice it half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds
cut very thin and squeeze extra liquid out in a clean dish towel
combine vinegar, sugar and salt. Add cucumber
toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet on low heat (should take about 2 minutes - stir often!)
sprinkle seeds over cucumber salad and enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.