Onigiri with Tuna and Black Sesame
By Létitia Piment Oiseau du blog Piment Oiseau
- 2 cups raw rice round
- 6 oz of canned tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 1 pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook rice with water in a saucepan or in a rice-cooker according to directions on package. When cooked, transfer into a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
Drain tuna and flake it on top of rice. Add mayonnaise, salt and sesame. Mix everything carefully.
Moisten your hands with a little water and shape the rice mixture into triangular bites.
Cut rectangles of approximately 3x6 cm in the nori, with a pair of scissors. Adhere them to the base of each onigiri.
They are ready to be enjoyed or stored in a bento.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ WHITE BEAN WRAPS 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Veggie Stir Fry w/ Sesame... 4/5 (23 Votes)
- MMM Fried Rice 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Meatless grape leaves stuffed with... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Pretzels 4/5 (9 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Pineapple Couscous Salad with... 3.9/5 (98 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna Red Quinoa Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
- tuna with veggies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.