Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (Not fried)
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers (Not fried). Discover our recipe.
- 1 pkg Bacon
- 5-6 Fresh Jalapenos
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar. (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Start with your fresh jalapenos. Slice each jalapeno in half length-wise.
With a spoon, gently scrape out the seeds and white membranes. This process moves pretty quickly. If you like a little more heat, leave some seeds in the jalapeno.
Now cut the bacon slices into thirds. I usually just go ahead and cut the whole package at once. I like shortcuts.
Now unwrap the softened cream cheese and smear a generous amount of cream cheese in each jalapeno half.
Take a piece (1/3 slice) of bacon and wrap it around each jalapeno. Wrap it snugly, but not too tight.
Now stick a toothpick through the middle of each one; this will keep the bacon from coming off in the oven. Place them on a pan with a rack (so bacon grease can escape) and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I usually like to add a little brown sugar on top. It tastes so good!!
You'll also love
- Cheese sticks 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Mushroom soup 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Diamond sweet 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Empanadas 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Pot Liquor Mac-N-Cheese 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Trio of appetizers 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Small stuffed mushrooms... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!
Review this recipe