Fennel Veloute Soup
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- olive oil to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop the onion, and in a hot soup pot with a knob of butter and the salt and pepper, cook it until it's transparent.
In the meantime, peel and cut the potatoes and fennel into small pieces. Add them to the onions, and add the stock cube, cover with water and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
When cooked, mix everything in a blender or using a hand mixer. Add the cream and then mix once more. Check the seasoning, and add more salt and pepper according to your taste.
Serve in a large soup bowl with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Sea Bream Cigar and fennel soup 3/5 (157 Votes)
- Chili That Doubles as Spaghetti... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Bottled Beans 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Yassa zucchini 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork Stew 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Better For You Mac And Cheese 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cod with Garlic Potato foam and... 3.7/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.