Spinach and ricotta cannelloni
By Mauera du blog Recettes de l'Etudiante aux fourneaux
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni. Discover our recipe.
- 8 lasagna sheets (the best would be cannelloni already prepared)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups of spinach (i used frozen here)
- A pot of ricotta
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Some freshly grated parmesan
- For the tomato sauce:
- A box (medium) tomato puree
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tbsp ricotta
- Basil, Chili pepper, Salt and pepper to taste.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients and simmer over low heat 10 minutes
Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F and prepare the stuffing by mixing the spinach (thawed if using frozen), and ricotta with salt and pepper.
Cook the lasagne sheets 3 minutes in boiling water.
Once the noodles are soft, place on a damp cloth. Stuff in the spinach filing on one side and as close like rolling a cigarette paper.
Do the same with all the cannelloni. Once they are all made up, put a little tomato sauce in bottom of a baking dish and then place the pasta. Top with remaining spinach mixture and tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake 30 minutes at 400 F
You'll also love
- Berry Avocado Spinach Minaj 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Whole wheat Vegetable Lasagna 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Chicken Parmigiana 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- CHICKEN PENNE 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- spinach and feta casserole 2.9/5 (220 Votes)
- Spaghetti pie (freezer recipe) 3.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Stuffed cantaloni 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!