Our best Christmas side dishes recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Christmas side dishes recipes
This classic side dish goes along with all Thanksgiving dinners and will be the star of the meal
- Large Loaf Peppridge Farm Bread
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 2 or 3 stalks of Celery Chopped
- 2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Turkey Stock
- 1/4 Stick Butter
Your goodwill guide to giving back this Thanksgiving
Make Thanksgiving about more than just the feast this year. Here are 10 SIMPLE and KIND ways to give back to your community.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Prosciutto
By happyfoodstube, Happy Foods Tube
This roasted Brussels sprouts salad with prosciutto, pomegranate and Feta cheese makes a great side dish on your Ho
- 500g (1.1lb) Brussels Sprouts
- 80g (2.8oz) Feta Cheese
- 60g (2.10oz) Unsalted Butter
- 50g (1.8oz) Jamon Serrano or Prosciutto
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Large Pomegranate
- A Pinch of Salt & Pepper
20 satisfying stuffed recipes that won't leave you hungry
It may be several months until you find yourself stuffing a turkey again, but stuffed food—from peppers to squash to dates—is here to stay!
Scalloped 2 Potato Gratin
By rapm155, Tasty Delights
This elegant yam & potato casserole side dish is smothered with onions, creamy sauce, and a crunch topping
- 5 peeled white potatoes
- sliced into rounds
- 2 large yams
- sliced into rounds
- 2 large onions
- sliced into rounds and rings separated
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil