Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
This homemade pasta sauce is super easy to whip up! We really love it with spaghetti, but you can serve it over any other type of pasta or use it in lasagna, with chicken parmesan, etc.
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- fresh basil to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil tomatoes for 1 minute, place in ice bath and remove skins, and remove seeds. chop up 8 of the tomatoes and puree in blender, set aside the remaining two.
Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan, and cook the onion until softened and translucent.
Add pureed tomatoes, and stir in remaining ingredients. Add two remaining tomatoes by squeezing them into the pot with your hands (you want them to add a little bit of a chunky consistency).
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf to serve.
You'll also love
- Open Faced Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Marvin's Fantastic Chili 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken And Spinach Stuffed Shells 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Crustless Spinach Quiche 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Healthy Tuna Melt open-faced... 4.3/5 (121 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Farfalle 4/5 (21 Votes)
- White girl's salsa 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Tagine of lamb chops with... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?
Review this recipe