Sweet Chili Chicken
A simple and satisfying chicken stirfry
- 500 g skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 Cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 4 Cloves garlic
- finely diced
- 1 red chilli
- deseeded and finely diced
- 1 carrot
- diced or sliced
- Enough cooked brown or white rice for four to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make the sauce by combining sweet chilli, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. You can also add a bit of grated ginger if you like (just not really my thing so I didn't use any). Stir in the chicken and marinate for about 15 minutes.
Heat a small bit of oil in a fry pan or wok. Add the chicken (trying to leave behind as much of the sauce as possible) and fry until cooked (about 4 or so minutes), add the vegetables and fry a couple more minutes.
Add the remaining sauce and continue to fry until hot. Serve over rice (or noodles if you prefer)
You'll also love
- VEGETABLE SOUP 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Falafel Balls 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Cake 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Simple Roasted Squash Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Wrap 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sautéed Liver and Cucumber 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.