Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookes
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- uncooked oatmeal
- or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and grease two cookie sheets. Set aside.
Cream the butter, then gradually add the brown and white sugars, beating until light and smooth.
Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Mix the flour, ginger, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and chili pepper together and add it to the first mixture, blending well. Stir in the nuts, chocolate chips, and cherries or cranberries.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets about 1 inch apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Make sure butter is soft.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.2/5 (305 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (231 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.3/5 (143 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- MsCarmens Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.