- 12 medium raw shrimp shelled
- 8 oz cooked ham into cubes
- 14 oz of chaurice sausage sliced (or spicy chorizo)
- 14 oz sliced andouille sausage
- 4 oz sliced tasso ham (or smoked sausage)
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 8 oz diced green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery branch
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic
- peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 drops of Tabasco
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a large skillet over low heat, heat oil and saute onion, celery and bell pepper for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
Stir in diced ham, andouille and chaurisse. Continue for 2 minutes and remove the chaurice. In a saucepan, heat the stock.
Stir in tomatoes, cloves, thyme, bay leaf, parsley, cayenne pepper and 10 drops of Tabasco. Mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Add rice to the stock, stirring. Always low heat, cook for 30 minutes.
Peel the shrimp and stir into mixture, 5 minutes before end of cooking.
Return the slices of chaurice.
Cook on high heat to evaporate excess liquid.
In a preheated serving dish pour in the ingredient. Arrange the shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve.