Frog legs with Riesling
By Quand Papoune cuisine... , blog La vie de Choupette
- 1 lbs fresh or frozen frog legs
- 1/3 stick butter
- 5 shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3- 1/2 cup reisling
- 1/4 pint of sour cream
- 1 handful of parsley
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Marinate thighs in milk. Begin to fry the frog legs in butter. Add garlic and shallots, then Riesling. Salt and pepper. Cook on low heat for 10 to 15min.
Remove frog legs and place the on platter; keep warm. On stove, dilute the cooking juice with sour cream. Let reduce until the mixture becomes creamy. Pour sauce over frogs and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Cream of Autumn Soup 3.2/5 (206 Votes)
- Meat Curry 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Brioche 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Ham Terrine with Zucchini 3.2/5 (201 Votes)
- Pike fillet with apples and walnuts 3.6/5 (120 Votes)
- Pasta with Ham and Feta Cheese 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Tuna Rilettes with Green Apple 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!