Delicious Baked Cod
Try this easy-to-make, healthy main course that's ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cod fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs (Preferably Panko - Japanese bread crumbs)
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne (to taste)
- 1 lemon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly brush baking dish with butter/oil.
Brush the defrosted/fresh cod fillets on both sides with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
Coat both sides of the fish with bread crumbs (sprinkle them on top).
Place the breaded fillets in the baking dish.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Carefully flip over with tongs halfway through.
Set your oven to the broiler setting (Medium), until golden brown. Watch closely to avoid burning.
Transfer to plate, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fillets.
Serve with fresh salad and garlic bread.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Tilaphia with rice and tomatoes 3.6/5 (118 Votes)
- Mini meatloafs 4.8/5 (61 Votes)
- Aunt Georgann's Dressing 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Caramel Apple 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Minute Chicken tagine 3.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Pear Sauce with Mint 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls - Bread machine 4.2/5 (107 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!