On a Diet? Here Are 10 Foods You Can Still Eat As Much As You Want Of
With most things, portion control is essential to lose weight, but these foods are so healthy you can eat to your heart's content and still not break your diet!
One of the hardest parts about dieting is the feeling of constantly restricting yourself. You can eat practically anything, of course, but only a little...
It might come to surprise you, then, that there are a few foods that break these so-called rules. These 10 are so low-calorie and healthy that you'll get full and tired of eating them before they'll ever mess up your regime!
1. Blueberries. These little fruits are a perfect topping for a variety of breakfast and snack foods or as a delicious snack on their own. And with only 85 calories per cup, you don't have to feel guilty about it either!
2. Sweet Potatoes. Low on calories, high on beta-carotine, this is a root vegetable that really doesn't get enough credit.
3. Egg Whites. You already knew that eggs were loaded with protein, but the egg whites in particular are high on healthy content and low on calories and fat. Did you know you can even buy these separated already? There's no need to waste a thing!
4. Celery. No, this veggie isn't "negative" calories like the myth says, but it's still extremely healthy. It's made up almost entirely of water and the rest is fiber, so it's safe to say that even a few extra calories from dip won't make this a bad snack.
5. Popcorn. Don't let all the movie-style buttered popcorn fool you. Take away all the fat and grease and you're left with a great dieting snack! The healthiest way to make it is using an air popper and then give it just a gentle dusting of salt (or sugar, if you prefer).
6. Edamame. These soybeans are commonly tossed onto salads, pastas, or buddha bowls, but steam them and add a bit of salt and you'll find they're delicious alone too. One cup is just 130 calories and will fill you up so much better than junk food!
7. Sugar Snap Peas. It might seem an odd choice to munch on during your hungry afternoons, but give it a try and you'll see why it's on this list. Raw or cooked, snap peas are tasty and full of healthy nutrients. And did we mention they're only 35 calories per cup?
8. Oranges. Store-bought orange juice might be loaded with extra sugars, but the fruit itself is more than sweet enough to enjoy alone. In addition to the vitamin C it's famous for, it's also a great source of many other vitamins and nutrients and has only about 62 calories per fruit.
9. Portobello Mushrooms. You don't have to be a full-time vegetarian to enjoy this popular meat substitute in your meals, especially considering they're just 18 calories each. They can be cooked and served in a variety of ways, so get creative guilt-free.
10. Strawberries. Not all foods that you get cravings for are ones you should avoid. Take strawberries for example, which are a fiber-filled sweet snack that have only 50 calories per cup. No need to restrict yourself with these!
Still having trouble losing weight? Here are 6 reasons why you're not.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.