Beef with Carrots in Guinness
- * A haunch of beef (about 2 lbs)
- * 2 large onions
- * 8 potatoes
- * 6 carrots
- * 1 cup of Guinness
- * 2 tablespoons of flour
- * 1 piece of butter (about 2 tbsp)
- * 1 tbsp olive oil
- * Scant 1/2 cup water
- * 1 bouquet garni
- * Parsley
- * Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
- Cut the beef into pieces.
- Peel onions and cut into strips
- Peel the carrots and cut into rings
- Roll the beef pieces in flour
- In a Dutch oven: Heat oil and butter to fry the pieces of Beef
- remove as soon as they are gold
- Put the onions in the pan and gently sauté
- Add the reserved pieces of beef and carrots, Guinness and water
- Blend and bring to a boil over low heat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and cook for an hour and a half or two hours
You'll also love
- Delish Borscht 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Extreme Nacho mix 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Shepherd's Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mom's Stew 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Potato Salad with Paprika 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Horseradish-Crusted Roast Beef... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Sheppard's Pie 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.