Grammy's roast leg of lamb
- 6 medium onions quartered
- 6 carrots quartered
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 7-8 pound leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and halved
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 bottles of dry white wine
- 4 and 1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and chunked
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 420mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Layer onions, carrots, garlic, bay and thyme in roasting pan.
Place lamb on top and roast for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 more minutes.
Remove pan and set on 2 burners. Pour wine over slowly and bring to boil.
Cover and return to oven to roast for 4 hours until meat is falling off the bone.
About 1 and 1/2 hour before finished add potatoes and tomatoes.
Carve into thick slabs and serve.
You'll also love
- Lovers Balsamic Glazed Rack of... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Lamb Fettuccine with fresh egg... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet and sour meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GG's Easy Chicken and Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Family Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Wife's Specialty Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shae's Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture