Sweet and sour meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Mix first five ingredients and form into balls then brown.
Mix together, tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, brown sugar and white raisins and salt to taste, in sauce pan.
Simmer in sauce pan for 1 and 1/2 hour.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (210 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 3/5 (10 Votes)
- GG's Easy Chicken and Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meal on a stick 0/5 (0 Votes)
- meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Self-saucing Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.