- 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 cup bread crumbs(fine), 1/4 cup milk, 1 large egg, 3 tbsp. finely chopped onion, dash of salt and pepper, 1 pkg. onion soup mix, 5 cups boiling water, 4 tbsp. corn starch, 4 tbsp. cold water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a bowl combine thoroughly ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. In a large pot or Dutch oven add onion soup mix to the 5 cups of boiling water. Gently place in meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes. Make a smooth paste of the cornstarch and cold water. Carefully stir into meatballs and broth until thickened. Cook 5 minutes stirring constantly but gently. Let simmer while cooking potatoes or noodles and vegetables.
May be served with mashed potatoes or noodles.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.