Simple, tasty dish. Can be used as an appetizer or as a snack.
- 1# hamburger
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese...softened
- 1 (8oz) bag shredded cheese (I use Mexican Blend or 4 cheese)
- 1 (16oz) jar salsa (I use mild, but you can use your favorite)
- tortilla chips
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown and drain hamburger. Crumble.
Soften cream cheese (can be done in microwave...on high for 30-45 seconds). Add salsa and stir until mixed well. Add warm hamburger and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is soft and gooey.
best if served warm or room temperature.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated...just warm in microwave before serving.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.