This recipe has been used quite frequently with the family. It's normally prepared about 10 times a month and always tastes good.
- 1/2 lb of your choice of meat (Chicken, steak, beef, etc.)
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 10 or more tortillas (Flour or corn)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the stove to a medium heat.
Cut up the meat, onion, and green pepper into thin strips, usually as long as half of the tortillas being used.
Put the vegetables into a large pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for about 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the meat to the pan with the vegetables and continue stirring occasionally for an extra 7 to 13 minutes, until the meat is cooked all the way through.
Preheat another stove top to a medium-high heat to heat up the tortillas. If you are heating up flour tortillas, it's best to heat them up on a low-medium heat to prevent burning and sticking.
When all is done, add a dash of salt or a favorite spice to your tacos and enjoy.
Extra vegetables, pico de gallo, and cheese can be added to your tacos. It's all about your taste preference!
You'll also love
- Chicken Tacos with Mango Avocado... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Self-saucing Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Green Pepper Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Momma's Pork chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- beef noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crockpot Jerk Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.