Tomato Vegetable Soup
Great soup either served hot or cold.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 stalks celery sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 7 cups chicken stock (or 7 cups water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 28 oz. (796 mL) can of tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups corkscrew pasta or macaroni
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a large pot heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Cook until they begin to soften, about five minutes. Add the chicken stock, or water and chicken
bouillon cubes. Cut the canned tomatoes into small chunks, and add the tomatoes plus their juice to the soup. Bring to a boil reduce the heat and simmer for, about 10 minutes. Add the pasta and continue cooking until the pasta is tender. Salt and pepper to
Add Tobasco if you want a little more spice
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.