Dannielle's Lasagna Roll-Ups
A easy twist on the classic layered lasagna. I always liked to make this one instead. For those that need a meatless dish, you can always delete the ground beef.
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 1 large container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 lb Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 package thick and zesty Spaghetti Sauce Packet (dry)
- 2 bay leaves-crumbled with the stem removed
- 1 lb ground beef - browned and drained
- 1 large jar good spaghetti sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Cook Lasagna noodles per directions on package leaving slightly al dente. You cannot use the "no boil" noodles in this recipe. Once noodles are cooked, set them aside in colander while you assemble other ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the 2 eggs, the dried Italian seasonings, the packet of Spaghetti Sauce Dry mix and the bay leaves. Then stir in the brown ground beef that has been drain and cooled slightly.
On a plate or cutting board, take a lasagna noodle and lay it out flat, spoon about a tablespoon of the cheese and meat mixture onto one end and spread it out evenly over the entire noodle. Once that is done, just lightly roll up noodle and place into a 9"x13" baking dish seam side down. Repeat until all noodles have been used and all cheese/meat mixture is gone.
Once you have all your roll-up placed into your baking dish, cover them with the jar sauce and then sprinkle them first with the remaining mozzarella cheese and then with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in a pre-heated 350* oven for about 30-40 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and slightly golden brown.
Add a touch of olive oil to the boiling, salted water that you are going to cook your pasta noodles in to prevent them from sticking together.
The ground beef is optional, as I've have made this with it and without it and have also used brown, sweet Italian sausage as well.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (352 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- grandma annie's shrimp alfredo 4.4/5 (205 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (189 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Queensland... 4.2/5 (144 Votes)
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloni 2.8/5 (262 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?