Hamantaschen Dough and Filling
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Crisco, melted
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, heaping
- 4 cups flour
- 1 small bag of prunes
- 1 small bag of apricots
- raisins (optional)
- honey to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together eggs, sugar, and Crisco. Then add juice, baking powder and flour until smooth.
Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
Chop apricots and prunes very finely and mix together with honey. This may be put into the freezer until ready to use.
You'll also love
- Pork tenderloin with Dried Fruit... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Autumn Fruit Compote 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies 2.4/5 (13 Votes)
- butter tart filling 2.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cottage Pudding 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Christmas Cookies Glaze 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Pani puri 2.3/5 (80 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!