- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Eggnog Glaze:
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven. I always test about 3 cookies in the oven first before making an entire batch. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg.
7. Bake 15-18 minutes, mine took 17, until the edges are lightly brown.
8. While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
9. Drizzle the glaze over your cookies and devour!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.