Tuna And Macaroni Casserole
It's quick, it's easy and satisfyingly good. This was my late husband's favorite. So, I had to make it at least once a week. AND, if we didn't have potato chips in the pantry, he would run out to get a bag so I could make this. Now, I use whatever I have on hand: crushed crackers, nacho chips, croutons, etc. so each time it's a bit different.
- 8 oz. uncooked macaroni
- 1-5 oz. (or larger if you have it) can undrained tuna in water
- 1-15 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 c. peas
- 1 c. crushed potato chips
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook macaroni in semi-boiling water until tender. Don't overcook or macaroni will be mushy. When done, drain only. Do not rinse.
Add all the ingredients saving 1/2 cup of the crushed chips for the topping. Spoon all into an 8 X 8 buttered casserole dish. Top with remaining crushed chips. Bake for 30 minutes.
If you use any thing like crushed crackers or croutons for your topping, mix it with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of melted butter before you put it on top so it will brown nicely.
You'll also love
- Roast Chicken; Low and Slow 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Steak and Cheese Pie 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Ratatouille with Goat Cheese and... 3/5 (113 Votes)
- pastichio 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Asian Herb Ahi Tuna 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Special Tuna Melts 4.5/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.