Vanilla Pear Compote for babies
An unpretentious recipe, simple and effective: a compote.
- 4 -5 pears (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 tbsp water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the pears, core and cut into small pieces. In a skillet, melt the butter.
Add the pears, sugar and water. Stir and let simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring. When the sauce is cooked, pour into a bowl or a fruit bowl.
You'll also love
- Rawa payasam 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Snicker Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Super Simple Peanut Butter Cookies 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- chicken balls 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Lamb, artichoke, bell pepper and... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Veggie Pasta 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Meatballs with Tomato Sauce (for... 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Baby's Mashed Potatoes and... 4/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.