Peach and Nectarine Compote
- 16 oz white peach or yellow
- 16 oz nectarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash your fruits.
Peel and pit your fruits. Coarsely chop.
In a saucepan, place your pieces of coarsely cut fruit and add sugar.
Cook for an hour, until the fruit starts to beak down and creates a sauce.
Put your sauce in an air tight container for best storage.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!