- Beetroot 1 cup
- Milk 1 ½ cup
- Sugar ½ - ¾ cup (as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Cashews 1 tsp
- Almonds 1 tsp chopped
- Raisins 1 tsp
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 tbsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Roast cashew and raisins in 2 tbsp of ghee, and keep it aside. When it is roasted cashews turns light brown and raisins puffs up.
In an open pan add 2 tbsp ghee and sauté the grated beetroot until the raw flavor goes.
Add milk and simmer the stove and let it cook until the beetroot softens.
Make the flame high and stir constantly until the milk gets completely absorbed Add sugar and mix.
Once it comes to desired consistency switch off the flame.
Add the roasted cashews and raisins.
Garnish with almonds
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!