Mom's Pickled Eggs and Beets
- 4 Cups Vinegar
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 TSP Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Qrt. Beets (2 glass jars)
- 1 Dozen Hard Boiled Eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a cook pot add vinegar, sugar and cloves and boil for 5 minutes.
Put eggs and beets in a heat safe jar or bowl.
After the 5 minutes, pour the mixture over the eggs and beets while it it still hot.
Let cool to room temperature and then store in fridge for a few days to let them pickle!
Guaranteed to be the best pickled eggs and beets EVER!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!