stove top rice pudding
- 2/3 cup minute rice, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 cup water - bring to boil in pot,
- cover, and boil gently for 4 min. (til water has evaporated)
- Remove from stove, and add 1 1/2 cup milk and 1 slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Blend. Then add 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 tsp. each nutmeg and cinnamon (I
- use more), 1 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 cup (or more) raisins.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix well. Bring to
boil stirring constantly. Cover and remove and let stand 10 min.
(usually let it cook a few min.) (D. Lee usually doubles this)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.