stove top rice pudding
- 2/3 cup minute rice, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 cup water - bring to boil in pot,
- cover, and boil gently for 4 min. (til water has evaporated)
- Remove from stove, and add 1 1/2 cup milk and 1 slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Blend. Then add 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 tsp. each nutmeg and cinnamon (I
- use more), 1 Tbsp. butter, 1/2 cup (or more) raisins.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix well. Bring to
boil stirring constantly. Cover and remove and let stand 10 min.
(usually let it cook a few min.) (D. Lee usually doubles this)
You'll also love
- Flourless Quick Peanut Butter... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp and Red Rice 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Oreo Balls 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Fried Rice 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Ice Cream Sandwiches 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Tropical Island Bread Pudding 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Akkara vadisal... A sweet rice... 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- Microwave Minute Rice Pudding 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
What happens when you layer rice pudding and dulce de leche in mason jars? Sweet, sweet magic!
- 1 Cup of rice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 4 Cups of milk
- 1 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and milk, and simmer.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, stir, and simmer for a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mason jar, layer the rice pudding and dulce de leche, and top with a sprinkling of powdered cinnamon.