Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce
Serve with bread or steamed dumplings.
- 300 g ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2-3 lg green peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- salt & sugar
- ground pepper
- tomato paste
- 2-3 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
In large bowl mix together meat, chopped onion, rice, seasonings and eggs. Let stand.
Clean inside of green peppers and rim with garlic. Fill with the meat mixture. turn rest into small balls. Cook 45 min in water covering 3/4 of peppers height. Once cooked, set aside and take out the peppers and meat balls.
Melt butter and stir 2 tbsp of flour until golden. Stir in tomato paste. Stir in the mixture. Add sugar and salt to taste. Put peppers and meat balls back.
Serve with steamed dumplings or rye bread.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (458 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (348 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (215 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.8/5 (174 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (208 Votes)
- Blue Burger 4.7/5 (75 Votes)
- Armenian Rice 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.