GENERAL TAO'S TOFU
This is the classic chinese dish veganized.
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup glutenous rice flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 head broccoli, in florets
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Marinade tofu in 1/4 cup brown sugar and soy sauce overnight.
Combine flours, brown sugar and salt. Toss tofu in flour. Let sit 10 minutes. Toss tofu in flour again. Repeat.
Fry breaded tofu until crispy and golden.
Combine remaining ingredients except onions in a separate pan. Cook until broccoli starts to soften, about 15 minutes.
Add onions and tofu. Mix well. Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.7/5 (266 Votes)
- Braised Basil Chicken 2.9/5 (42 Votes)
- Vegan Fish Fillet 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Heirloom tomato Salsa 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Traditional Teriyaki Chicken 2.7/5 (159 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Parmesan shortbread with confit of... 3.1/5 (182 Votes)
- Thai Salad 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup 2.9/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.