Parmesan shortbread with confit of Red Peppers
- 4 1/4 tbsp of butter
- 2/3 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of parmesan
- 4 red peppers
- 1 1/2 cup of parmesan for the crusty
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- scant 1/2 cup of pistachio oil
- scant 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350
Melt the butter and add it to the flour, the grated parmesan cheese, egg yolk and salt. Roll the dough out in round shapes, let stand for 30 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes.
Char the peppers in the oven with the grill position for easier peeling. Slice 3/4 of the peppers and season. Marinate for 1 hour with olive oil, salt and thyme.
Pepper Dressing: Mix the rest of the peppers, add the vinegar and olive oil.
Parmesan crusty: Roll the 1 1/2 cups of parmesan out in shapes of 10 cm with salt and thyme. Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 F. Take out of the oven at the first sign of browning. Let cool.
Garnish a dinner plate with the shortbread, add the peppers, and use the crusty as a decoration. Add the pepper dressing.
* You can always replace thyme with fresh lime zest on the crusty.
You'll also love
- VEAL PARMIGIANA 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Zucchini Caviar and Parmesan Cream 3.9/5 (89 Votes)
- Marinated beef with cream of morels 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Garlic Fries 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Rabbit with maroilles cheese 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Octopus Rougail (Octopus in... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper Rose 4/5 (17 Votes)