Easy American desserts - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Easy American desserts recipes
Country Style Apple PieYUM!Food Porn
By Mary Ellen, Mary's Busy Kitchen
This country style apple pie is a classic recipe you don't want to miss
- 10 cups peeled cored and sliced cooking apples. I use Gravensteins.
- 1 cup sugar (for a lower sugar option substitute with half or all Splenda)
- 3-4 Tbsp all-purpose flour (or gluten free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- shake of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter (or non dairy type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup shortening (I used Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening)
- 7-8 Tbsp cold water
25 Incredible Coffee-Infused Desserts
Finish your day the same way you started it: with coffee! These java-loaded desserts will satisfy your caffeine cravings in a delicious way.
Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake
By rapm155, Tasty Delights
An easy showstopping dessert! Get the full recipe
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 250 ml cream cheese
- room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
BREAKING: Dessert items recalled from USA shelves
(June 1, 2017) Recalled due to serious MILK ALLERGY RISK
Cheesecake. Discover our recipe
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 packages (bricks) cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- additional 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!!!
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!! Discover our recipe
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (homemade tastes best...store bought is still ok)
- 2 packages unsweetened Kool-Aid Orange powdered drink mix
- 1 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip
The McDonald's SECRET MENU Hack that You've GOT TO TRY
You haven't lived until you've tried this incredibly clever and OH SO SWEET dessert menu hack at McDonald's.
Slow-Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Microwave caramels and 1 cup milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 min
- 22 kraft caramels
- 5 cups milk
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 2 cups light cream
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 cups cubed challah bread
- 1 pkg butterscotch pudding