Easy American desserts - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Easy American desserts recipes
Cheesecake. Discover our recipe
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 packages (bricks) cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- additional 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
25 Incredible Coffee-Infused Desserts
Finish your day the same way you started it: with coffee! These java-loaded desserts will satisfy your caffeine cravings in a delicious way.
Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake
By rapm155, Tasty Delights
An easy showstopping dessert! Get the full recipe
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 250 ml cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
BREAKING: Dessert items recalled from USA shelves
(June 1, 2017) Recalled due to serious MILK ALLERGY RISK
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!!!
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!! Discover our recipe
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (homemade tastes best...store bought is still ok)
- 2 packages unsweetened Kool-Aid Orange powdered drink mix
- 1 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip
Slow-Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Microwave caramels and 1 cup milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 min
- 22 kraft caramels
- 5 cups milk
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 2 cups light cream
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 cups cubed challah bread
- 1 pkg butterscotch pudding