Easy American desserts - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Easy American desserts recipes
Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake
By rapm155, Tasty Delights
An easy showstopping dessert! Get the full recipe
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 250 ml cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
25 Incredible Coffee-Infused Desserts
Finish your day the same way you started it: with coffee! These java-loaded desserts will satisfy your caffeine cravings in a delicious way.
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!!!
ORANGE KOOL-ADE No Bake CHEESECAKE!!! Discover our recipe
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (homemade tastes best...store bought is still ok)
- 2 packages unsweetened Kool-Aid Orange powdered drink mix
- 1 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip
BREAKING: Dessert items recalled from USA shelves
(June 1, 2017) Recalled due to serious MILK ALLERGY RISK
Cheesecake. Discover our recipe
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 packages (bricks) cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- additional 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Slow-Cooker Apple Bread Pudding
Microwave caramels and 1 cup milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 min
- 22 kraft caramels
- 5 cups milk
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 2 cups light cream
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 cups cubed challah bread
- 1 pkg butterscotch pudding