This is a recipe for occasion deepavali.
- Chana dal - 1 cup
- or Chana dal 1/2 cup and Moong dhal 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- cashew nuts - 1/2 cup
- Elachi - 1 teaspoon
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Average budget
Dry roast dal(s) and soak in water for 6 hours.
Drain water grind to a thick paste by adding very small quantity of water.
Shallow fry the paste in ghee till it is completely dry and crumbling.
Cook jaggery in just enough water in a deep pan.
Cook in medium flame stirring continously till jaggery dissolves
Add roasted dal, roasted cashews and elachi. stir constantly till all water is absorbed. The mixture should resemble crumbles.
You'll also love
- Suhiyan 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Curry leaves vatha kulambhu 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Ham and goat cheese appetizers 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Ma Bears Onion & Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Coulis 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Crunchy Nutella Mousse 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Deepavali lehiyam 3.1/5 (40 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.