risotto, salmon, and parmesan layers
By Sandrine , blog : La table de Sandrine
Layers of risotto, salmon, and parmesan. YUM! Discover our recipe.
- Risotto with sorrel:
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 shallot
- olive oil
- scant 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 1/4 cups hot vegetable broth
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 piece Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 2 bunches of sorrel
- The parmesan disks:
- 1 piece Parmesan
- Rosettes of pink salmon:
- 1 small pink salmon fillet without skin thick enough
- sea salt and pepper
- pink peppercorns
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
The risotto with sorrel sauce:
Wash the sorrel leaves and remove the central stem.
Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, then throw in the sorrel leaves. Let them release their water, then pour in a bowl. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in large saucepan. Peel shallots and chop. Add shallots and rice to the hot olive oil, coat well and cook a few seconds until the rice is pearly. Add the white wine, let reduce, then add a ladleful of hot vegetable stock, bring to a simmer, then reduce, stir regularly, and re-add a ladleful of stock. Repeat so on until the rice is cooked, that is to say that the grains must be soft and slightly firm inside.
Add the mascarpone, a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese, then cooked with sorrel, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
The parmesan disks: Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grate a little parmesan. Using a round cookie cutter, make 18 small circles of grated parmesan cheese on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake about 2 minutes and let cool.
The rosettes of pink salmon: Leave your oven at 350 ° . On another plate lined with parchment paper, and always using the same round cookie cutter, draw 12 circles. In your salmon fillet, cut thin slices of salmon so that you can make a rosette in the center of the rounds. Sprinkle with sea salt and some pepper. Cook 1 minute.
Assembly: In each plate, layer as follows: a parmesan disk, a little risotto with sorrel, a rosette of pink salmon, a Parmesan tuile, a little risotto , a rosette of salmon, and garnish with a few spinach leaves, pink peppercorn and a small parmesan disk. Decorate with balsamic and serve immediately!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!