Deviled Eggs Divan
- 6 Hard-cooked eggs
- 2 pkgs frozen asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablepoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Make Deviled Eggs as above, using half of recipe
Cook asparagus as label directs; drain
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F
Heat butter in medium saucepan. Saute onion till golden about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper stirring until smooth
Gradually add milk; bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat
Add cheese; simmer, stirring, until cheese is melted
Arrange asparagus spears to cover bottom of an 8 by 8 by 2 inch baking dish. Place eggs, stuffing side up, on asparagus. Pour sauce over all
Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Deviled Eggs 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Deviled Egg Salad 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Salad with Eggs and Creamy Garlic... 2.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Cod Croquettes 2.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Cabbage pakora 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate Cranberry Almond Butter 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Chicken Nuggets 3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!