- 4 ounces wide lo mein noodles or 4 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil the noodles and cook al dente according to the package directions.
While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce and sriracha.
In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the red pepper to the butter as it melts. Whisk an egg in a bowl and then add to the melted butter. Stir gently and cook through. Once the egg is done cooking; turn off the heat.
When the noodles are tender, drain the water and then add them to the skillet with the cooked egg. Then add the prepared brown sugar/sauce. Turn the heat down low to evaporate excess moisture and stir until everything is coated well with the sauce. Sprinkle the sliced green and cilantro leaves on top and serve immediately.
Double Recipe for 4 people
Add Shrimp if desired
You'll also love
- Thai Chicken Noodles with Red... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Lo mien 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Peanut Noodles w/ Chicken 5 pts 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Southwestern Lo -Mei n 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Veggie Meat 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Braised Basil Chicken 2.9/5 (42 Votes)
- Best Ever Turkey Burger w/ Turkey... 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- EGG SALAD 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!