Chicken with Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 chicken (2-2 1/2 lbs)
- 8 oz vermicelli, soybean
- 1 oz of black mushrooms
- 1 oz dried shiitake
- chicken broth
- 1 onion
- Salt & pepper
- Soy sauce.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook chicken in water, cool slightly, remove from bone and cut into thin strips. Soak the soy vermicelli 2 minutes in boiling water. Do the same for the black mushrooms and shittake until reconstituted. Drain and chop.
In two tablespoons of oil, brown the onion. Add chicken, salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Pour the noodles, mushrooms and chicken broth. Cook 2 minutes more and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.