Thai Chicken Noodles with Red Curry Broth
This is an easy recipe to get you slurping curry rice noodles and chowing down on Thai chicken quickly using Thai red curry paste. No coconut milk required!
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon ginger finely grated or minced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- Thai basil or cilantro or scallions or peppers for garnish
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium high heat until shimmering then add ginger and garlic. Saute for 1 minute then add curry paste and saute an additional minute.
Add chicken stock and stir, scaping any browned bits off the bottom of the pot. Add chicken breasts. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer 20 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken measures 165°F. Add fish sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
Remove chicken from pot and shred using two forks. Add chicken shreds back to broth.
Cook rice noodles according to package instructions and add to individual serving bowls. Ladle broth and chicken on top of noodles and garnish with choice of Thai basil, cilantro, scallions, or peppers.
You'll also love
- Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn A refreshing recipe for TUNA TATAKI 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4/5 (124 Votes)
- Crispy BBQ Tofu 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Peanut Noodles w/ Chicken 5 pts 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Cabbage Soy Noodles 3.2/5 (153 Votes)
- Pho Papaya Salad 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Asian Carry-Out Noodles with... 0/5 (0 Votes)