Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
- The chicken coating:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- The sweet and sour sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs. Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Afghani Chicken 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Yummy Breakfast Banana Bread 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
- California Roll 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chinese Glazed Salmon with Peas... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.