Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
- The chicken coating:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- The sweet and sour sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs. Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken. Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (207 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (166 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- better than sex chicken 4.7/5 (63 Votes)
- Apple Falooda 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!