Cabbage andd steak
- cabbage and cube steak and onions with homemade sofrito and recato and sazon and small can tomato sauce dash salt and pepper . sauté cabbage and onions for 10 minutes add the sauce the steak and other ingrediants and let cook for half hour yummy.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
saute cabbage and onions
add the cube steaks
tomato sauce, salt pepper, sazon, sofrito, recata
stir all together
and stir occasionally
good over rice
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.