Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- cabbage leaves
- 1 can tomato soup
- lemon juice
- brown sugar
- worcestershire sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the rice, put into a large bowl.
Take about 12 cabbage leaves and boil them for just a few minutes.
Make the sauce: Mix together the tomato soup, with enough brown sugar, lemon juice and worcestershire to taste good.
In the bowl with the rice, add a beaten egg, raw ground beef, chopped onion, salt, pepper, and a couple tsp of the sauce mix.
Divide the meat mixture between each cabbage leaf, roll it up like a burrito.
Put the cabbage rolls into a baking dish, cover with the remainder of the sauce, and bake at 350 for up to an hour, or until meat is done.
You'll also love
- Adai 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Crock Pot Shredded Chicken for... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Baked Shrimp 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Taco Bites 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- JaegerSchnitzel 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes with Eggplant 3.8/5 (39 Votes)
- Turkey Pepperoni Dip 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Hamburger & Cabbage Casserole 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Delicious Stuffed Cabbages
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture
Review this recipe