- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- cabbage leaves
- 1 can tomato soup
- lemon juice
- brown sugar
- worcestershire sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook the rice, put into a large bowl.
Take about 12 cabbage leaves and boil them for just a few minutes.
Make the sauce: Mix together the tomato soup, with enough brown sugar, lemon juice and worcestershire to taste good.
In the bowl with the rice, add a beaten egg, raw ground beef, chopped onion, salt, pepper, and a couple tsp of the sauce mix.
Divide the meat mixture between each cabbage leaf, roll it up like a burrito.
Put the cabbage rolls into a baking dish, cover with the remainder of the sauce, and bake at 350 for up to an hour, or until meat is done.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture