Stuffed eggplant recipes - 5 recipes
Stuffed eggplant is a hearty dish that can be filled with a wide variety of ingredients. The eggplant creates the perfect vessel for this colorful dish. You start by cutting the eggplant in half and scooping out the inner flesh creating room for your filling. The stuffing can be made with anything from meat, vegetables, cheese, rice or mixture of them all. Stuffed eggplant is a basically a baked casserole with an edible container. Next time you’re looking for a delicious one-dish meal try a stuffed eggplant and share the unique filling that has become your favorite!
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Stuffed eggplant recipes
By Lingonberrylane, Lydia Ln
You can't go wrong with this delicious dish!
Cut the eggplants in two, scoop out inside and chop finely
Eggplant: Wash, stem, cut lengthwise but not completely (like a sandwich), salt lightly
By Henriette Cubilier
Cut the eggplants in half and wrap in aluminum foil
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail